The successor to Imaam al Waadi’ee (Shaykh Muqbil), al-‘Allaamah an-Naasih al-Ameen Abu ‘Abdur Rahmaan Yahyaa Ibn ‘Alee al-Hajooree, may Allaah preserve him, in his book: “at-Tabaqaat lima hasala ba’da mawt shaykhanaa al-Imaam al-Waadi’ee, rahimahu Allaah, fee ad-da’watis-salafiyyah bilyamani minal-haalaat” (pages 22-23):
“The Major Mashaay’ikh of the Da’watus-Salafeeyah in Yemen, they are the ‘Ulemaa’ (Muslim scholars) of the land whom legal rulings are sought after. We mention them arranged by their names in alphabetical order:
1. The Noble Shaykh Aboo Muneer ‘Abdillah bin ‘Uthmaan al-Qeesee adh-Dhamaaree (hafidhahullaah): A very profound and inspirational preacher, it is as if Allaah created him solely for this purpose, such that Allaah has caused many of the Muslims to benefit from his sermons and to awaken those who are neglectful because his sermons rely on the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah of His Messenger (may the peace & blessings of Allaah be upon him),he gives lessons and does beneficial missionary work in his area.
2. The Noble Shaykh Aboo ‘Abdillaah ‘Abdur-Rahmaan bin ‘Umar bin Mur’ee bin Burayk al-‘Adanee (hafidhahullaah): He possesses unique intellect one whom Allaah has given knowledge that is abundant and causing good. Along with giving him humbleness and bountiful manners, and firmness upon the Sunnah, he gives beneficial lessons on Fiqh and has explained ad-Daraaree of ash-Shawkaanee with some portions having been published.
3. The Noble Shaykh Aboo Dharr ‘Abdul-‘Azeez bin Yahyaa al-Bura’ee (hafidhahullah): A Caller to Allaah, sharp, courageous, an eloquent orator, a beneficial teacher and author, he has a blessed center of learning in Mafraq Jaish (the city of Ibb, about 3 hours south of Sana’a) and printed works such as Bidayaa-tul-Inhiraaf (The Beginning of Deviance) and others, he is from the Poets of the Salafee da’wah.
4. The Noble Shaykh Aboo ‘Abdil-Hameed Muhammad bin Saaleh as-Sumaalee (hafidhahullaah): Imam and Orator (of the Friday Sermons) of Masjid-ul-Khair in Beer ‘Abeed (in Sana’a), a caller to Allah, having insight and a beneficial teacher, the likes of him are few concerning generosity and love for the da’wah and undertaking its load in Sana’a, his center of learning is considered the original stronghold of Ahlus-Sunnah in Sana’a and Allah has caused great benefit to be spread by him.
5. The Noble Shaykh the possessor of extraordinary endeavor, Aboo Nasr Muhammad bin ‘Abdillah ar-Raymee nicknamed as al-Imaam (hafidhahullaah): One of the pioneers of the Sunnah, excellent in writing, profound in preaching, an outstanding admonisher, when he recites the Qur’aan you will barely be filled with his recitation (meaning you will want him to recite more because of the beauty of his recitation), he has a blessed center for knowledge-based studies in Ma’bar (which is a village south of Sana’a with probably the largest Salafee Masjid in Yemen), large number of preachers and memorizers of the Qur’aan have graduated from his hand and he has a number of printed works such as Tanweer-uth-Thulumaati fee Mafaasid-il-Intikhaabaat (Illuminating the Darkness concerning the Evils of Voting), al-Muaamarat-ul-Kubraa ‘alaa al-Maraatil-Muslimah (The Largest Conspiracies against the Muslim Woman) and al-Bayaanu lima ‘alayhi Jaami’at-ul-Imaan (The Explanation of what the University of Imaan is upon).
6. The Honorable Shaykh, the trustworthy, the ascetic, the perseverant, the esteemed scholar, Aboo Ibraaheem Muhammad bin ‘Abdul-Wahhaab al-Wasaabee al-‘Abdaleehafidhahullaah): From the chiefs of the protectors of the lions den of the Sunnah never needing a physical weapon, Allah bestowed upon him tranquility and love for the Sunnah and its people, his religious exhortations are more valuable than pearls, he has a number of printed publications of the most precious and beneficial is al-Qawlul-Mufeed fee Adilatit-Tawheed (The Beneficial Word concerning the Evidences of Monotheism) then the treatises at-Tardu wal-Ib’aad ‘an Hawdhi Yawmil-Mi’aad (The Expulsion and Distancing from the Pool of the Prophet- may the peace & blessings of Allah be upon him-on the Day of Meeting), Hukum Ridhaa’il-Kabeer, al-Qawlus-Sawaabi fee Hukmil-Mihraab (The Correct Statement regarding the Ruling of the Prayer Niche), al-Jawharu fee ‘Adadi Darajaatil-Minbaar (The Essential concerning the number of Steps that the Sermon Ladder should have), and the treatise Tuhfatul-Areeb fee Ittikhaadil-‘Asaa lil-Khateeb ( The Profound Masterpiece regarding the Orator using a staff while conducting the Friday Sermon), he has a blessed center for knowledge-based studies in the city of al-Hudaydah, (which is about 4 hours south west of Sana’a)where he gives beneficial lessons of knowledge. (
7. The Noble Shaykh Aboo ‘Abdir-Rahmaan Yahyaa bin ‘Alee al-Hajooree (hafidhahullaah): He teaches his brothers in Daarul-Hadeeth in Dammaaj as a representative of Shaykh (Muqbil) during his life and after his death (rahimahullaah).
 This school in Sana’a is run by Abdul-Majeed az-Zindaanee -may Allah guide him and all of us, the ‘Ulemaa’ have warned against studying there.
 He is from amongst the senior (eldest) students of Imaam Muqbil bin Haadee Al-Waadi’ee (rahimahullaah), to the extent that Shaykh Muqbil referred to Shaykh Muhammad as “my khaleefah.” His specialty is in Fiqh (Islaamic jurisprudence).
 In the original text Shaykh Yahyaa didn’t even write Noble Shaykh before his name and instead only wrote: Yahyaa bin Alee al-Hajooree Aboo ‘Abdir-Rahmaan and the shortest description of himself compared to the other Mashaay’ikh he wrote about which is evident of his great piety and humbleness. This title was added out of respect for him (hafidhahullaah).
Also in Dammaaj is Shaykh Jameel As-Salwee and he is considered one of the most senior shuyookh of Dammaaj, he has been there for over 18 years. He is originally from Ethiopia, and he goes there for Da’wah. And shaykhs Zaayed Hasan bin Saaleh al-‘Amree al-Wasaabee Abu ‘Abdillaah, and ‘Abdul-Kareem bin Ahmad bin Hussayn al-‘Amree Abu ‘Amr al-Hajooree.
Al-‘Allaamah Abu ‘Abdir Rahmaan Yahyaa Ibn ‘Alee al-Hajooree, may Allaah preserve him, said in “at-Tabaqaat”;
“Zaayid Hasan bin Saaleh al-‘Amree al-Wasaabee Abu ‘Abdillaah; Memorizer of the Qur’aan, Buloogh al-Maraam, Khateeb and teacher. A very beneficial person in various sciences and he has a small booklet on fasting, and one about inheritance.
“Abdul-Kareem bin Ahmad bin Hussayn al-‘Amree Abu ‘Amr al-Hajooree; a firm Sunnee Salafee, teacher and Khateeb, memorized al-Qur’aan, Saheeh al-Bukhaaree and Saheeh Muslim. He has authored a number of books.”
Al-Imaam, al-‘Allaamah Muqbil Ibn Haadee al-Waadi’ee, may Allaah have mercy on him, said in his book, “Tarjamah Abee ‘Abdur Rahmaan Muqbil Ibn Haadee al-Waadi’ee”: (pages 39 and 47)
“Zaayed bin Hasan bin Saaleh al-‘Amree al-Wasaabee; Memorizer of the Qur’aan.”
“ ‘Abdul Kareem bin Ahmad bin Hussayn al-Hajooree al-‘Amree; Memorizer of Qur’aan and Lulu wal Marjaan.”
Shaykhs Zaayed al-Wasaabee and Abu ‘Amr al-Hajooree, may Allaah preserve them, are from the students of Shaykh Muqbil al-Waadi’ee, may Allaah have mercy on him, and from the students of Shaykh Yahyaa al-Hajooree. Shaykh Zaayed is also from the students of Shaykh Muhammad Ibn ‘Abdul-Wahhaab al-Wasaabee, may Allaah preserve him. Shaykh Zaayed has been and continues to be a student of knowledge for the last fifteen years along with Shaykh Abu ‘Amr al-Hajooree has been a student of knowledge for the past eleven years. They are both from the shaykhs of Daarul Hadeeth, Dammaaj, and also amongst the people who give khutbahs, go out for da’wah, its teachers, and people of research. Shaykh Yahyaa had also sent them for the first time for da’wah to India in the past year (2005). And they are also sent for other da’wah affairs within Yemen. They continue to be students of knowledge in Daarul Hadeeth, Dammaaj to this present time.